Updated on: January 18, 2020
What is Ethical Hacker?
Ethical Hacking is the process of penetrating into the system to find out vulnerabilities, threats, etc. In general ethical hacking is mainly performed to improve the security of the network. Normally ethical hackers utilize the same methods as malicious hackers but ethical hackers do everything with an authorized person’s permission.
However, Ethical Hacking is performed to improve the security of the systems from attacks done by malicious users. Ethical hackers utilize their skills and some advanced methods to test organizations’ IT security. An ethical hacker’s also known as black hat hackers and they find security exposures and other issues in insecure system configurations to ensure the overall security of the system.
How To Become an Ethical Hacker in 10 Steps?
In relation to the security of computer and information systems, a hacker is a person who focuses on security mechanisms of computer and network systems in order to locate and fix the loopholes if there is any. There are many expert programmers and networking wizards present in the market who are part of communities and shared cultures that find its history back in the decades to the first time-sharing minicomputers and the earliest ARPANET experiments.
Members of such cultures or communities were the first established hackers. Silently breaking into computers and phone systems with the help of devious tricks have come to symbolize hacking in popular cultures and communities. But, these famous cultures are much more complicated and moralistic than most of us know.
Below mentioned steps will make you understand the whole process of how to become a hacker:
1. Run on OS which is similar to UNIX, like Linux
- UNIX as well as UNIX-like OS are the operating systems of the Internet. Though a person can learn how to use Internet without knowing UNIX, but he cannot be a successful hacker without understanding UNIX. Because of this must learn criteria, the hacker communities today revolve around UNIX. There are various OS, which are similar to UNIX, the most popular being Linux, which a person can run alongside Microsoft Windows on the same machine. Learn how to hack for beginners in this part.
- The best way to start the installation of UNIX in the system is to boot up a device called a live CD or USB, which is a distribution that runs entirely off a CD or USB without the need of modifying the hard disk. Apart from Linux, there are few other OS similar to UNIX, such as the BSD systems. The BSD systems that are the most popular ones are FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD and DragonFly BSD. Just like Linux, all the above mentioned BSDs are open source.
- A UNIX operating system that is available under FreeBSD is MacOS on Darwin. Darwin is available on “ http://opensource.apple.com” and is completely free & open source. UNIX being the core of the system and because of the growing popularity of MacOS, many people who had Linux applications have now ported to MacOS. Those programs are available with a package manager like Homebrew, Fink, or MacPorts. Or else, a person can just run Linux on a Mac alongside MacOS.
- A person is also free to run operating systems like Open Indiana, which is based on the open source release of the Solaris operating system before it was taken over by Oracle and had it converted into closed source. Linux applications does not find compatibility with Open Indiana and Solaris that are made on UNIX System V. It is suggested that MacOS, BSD or Linux must only be used, as they are more popular and have more programs available for them.
2. Learn HTML
- If programming is new to a person, then he must learn basic HyperText Mark-Up Language because proficiency in HTML is a must for any hacker.
- A person in his browser must open the page source information in order to examine the HTML, for example- Go to Web Developer > Page Source in Firefox and learn the code.
- HTML can be written in a basic word processing program like Notepad or Simple Text, which can be saved as ‘yourCoolFileName.HTML.’ Now, these saved files can be uploaded on a browser and the coder can see his work translated.
3. Gain the knowledge of Programming
- If a person’s ultimate goal is to become a master ethical hacker, then he will be needing more than basic English for writing his masterpiece. Programming languages play an important part in Hacker’s life.
- Python is the best language for hacking because it cleanly designed, well documented, relatively kind to beginners, compelling, flexible and well-suited for large projects. It is considered as a good first language in programming.
- For advanced level of programming, the next best alternative language available is Java.
- A smart person is one who starts by using good platforms like Backtrack 5 R3, Kali or Ubuntu 12.04LTS.
learn about Most Demanding Programming Languages in 2020
4. Be a Creative Thinker
- After learning the basic skills of hacking, an aspiring hacker must start thinking artistically. Established hackers are like engineers, artists and philosophers and brought together inside one person.
- True hackers ‘work as intensively as they play and play as intensively as they work.’ For them, the boundaries between “Play”, “Work”, “Science”, and “Art” all tend to disappear or merge into a high-level creative playfulness.
- To be hackers must read science fiction and attend science fiction conventions, which serves as an opportunity to meet hackers and proto-hackers.
- They can even learn martial arts because the kind of mental discipline required in martial arts is the same as the one required in hacking. Those types of martial arts which emphasize on enhancing mental discipline, relaxed awareness, controlling power, rather than raw strength, athleticism, or physical awareness. Tai Chi is best suitable for hackers.
5. Make a habit of Solving Problems
- Hackers have a belief that sharing information is a moral responsibility, so whenever anyone solves a problem, they should make the information public to help those who share the same problem.
- No hacker is ever obligated to give away all his creative products. But, the hackers who does it are the ones who get the highest respect from their co-hackers.
- Reading older pieces, such as the “Jargon File”, “Hacker Manifesto” by The Mentor is recommended.
6. Absorb Fight Authority
- The biggest enemies of a hacker are boredom, drudgery, and authoritarian figures who with the help of censorship and secrecy strangle the freedom of information. Monotony pulls apart a hacker from hacking.
- A hacker must learn to embrace hacking as a way of life, which means rejecting the “normal” concepts of work and property and choosing to fight for equality and common knowledge.
7. Be Competent
Anyone who spends hours on Reddit and writes up a random cyberpunk username can also pose as a hacker. But, the Internet is a great equalizer who values competence over ego and posture. An aspiring hacker must sharpen his skills and craft rather than polishing their image because this would give them fetch them respect and not the superficial things that we think of “hacking” in popular culture.
8. Start Writing Open Source Software
New hackers must start by writing programs that are fun and useful from other hacker’s point of view. And, they must also give away their program sources to the whole hacker community for use.
9. Promote Valuable Information
Another characteristic of a good hacker is that he must be able to collect and filter useful and interesting information into web pages or documents, such as Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) lists, and make those available to all. Those who maintain technical FAQs are respected at the same level as the open-source authors.
10. Helps in keeping the Organization Working
Popular hacking culture is run by Volunteers who do some very important but unglamorous tasks, such as administering mailing lists, moderating newsgroups, developing RFCs, and other technical standards. Doers of these jobs earns a lot of respect as these are huge time consumer and is not as much fun as playing with codes.
Choose the Best Ethical Hacking Training
In these days, many students are participating in a training course to create a career in a specific field. Various training courses are available now which help students to choose the perfect course. Training course offers the chance to create a bright future. CEH (certified ethical hacker) Training is the most preferable course a range of students in the world. CEH certification course students learn about ethical hacking. It is a great choice for people who like to work in the Hacker field. Ethical you learn techniques, tools, and mindset of the hackers. It is very useful for students to acquire various job opportunities.
The training course allows you to learn how to become an certified ethical hacker. It helps people to gain more information about hackers. It allows you to protect the sensitive data of businesses from hackers. The course covers all the essential concepts of hacking. It makes you learn new hacking techniques and eliminate issues on the network. However, you might acquire a range of opportunities to obtain a job on this platform. If you are interested to learn Hacking course, then choose the best training institute and get more skills and knowledge of hacking.
Importance of Ethical Hacking Training
The certified ethical hacker training makes you save important data from your organization. It is an essential certification for people who wish to be a hacker. Training classes are taken by well-experienced professionals. It teaches you to apply some crucial tactics in activities. Certification of the course is offered to candidates after completing the exam. It assists an individual to create a unique career path. Experienced and qualified expert guide candidate to become an ethical hacker. They teach classes how to utilize security tools for hacking. With expert help, you might able to evaluate the safety of a certain system.
Learn more: Top 3 Ethical Hacking Certifications
Individuals might able to learn different techniques in the course. It assists you to solve some issues that occur on your network. It makes you upgrade with the latest hacking techniques and track hackers easily. You might study step by step process of hacker. Also, you acquire new experience and secure your network. You can learn how hackers use tool for tracking data from a specific network. In addition, it increases your career growth in the sector. Individuals remove the threat on the computer network.
Learn How to hack Step by Step
Learning the course assist to be a hacker. In this, you might study necessary things that should follow on hacking. It gives exact guidance to work in the field. Once you get a certification of the course, then you might know how to apply the presentation test. You will be trained on testing, scanning, securing data and hacking systems. You must have to get a certification of the course to apply for hacker related jobs. Individuals might obtain a perfect job with the certification. You can attain your goals in a short time. Here few steps are given How to become a hacker?
- You have to register your name on the training course
- Attend training class to study fundamentals of computer network
- Then learn about cyber security fundamentals
- You have a presentation of hacking
- Use free tools to learn ethical hacking and practice on your home
In order to become a hacker then study the ethical hacking course in the best institute and get certification. This certification boosts your knowledge and works on your desired job. You might learn how to find various virus attacks on your system. You acquire better training from the experts and eliminate threats quickly. Based on the exam certification will be offered to people. The course really gives more possible way to the certified candidate to work on a particular job.
Why You Should Learn Ethical Hacking?
In recent days, Ethical Hacking provides a good career and most IT industries need professional hacking. Security is the most important aspects and you should enroll yourself to become an ethical hacker. You might undergo a course to strengthen your skills naturally. In order to keep your company protected, you should be a professional hacker to do it so. Actually, certain benefits will provide network security as a safe zone.
It also maintains strong practices by learning about the methods used for IT industries. Ethical hackers is a white hacker which has ultimate security professionals. It used to find and exploit vulnerabilities and weakness in various systems. If there is a malicious system, Ethical hacking offers good support to safeguard them as network protection. Some of them are reasons are listed below as follows.
- Involves the strongest possible security practices
- Resolve issues before they become risky
- Regulate checking vulnerabilities
- Reinforce weak areas professionally
Advantage of Certified Ethical Hacker
An ethical hacker is a computer and networking expert who could protect the network and data professionally. In order to find security issues, they could act like a malicious hacker to explore threats in the system. This should undergo a perfect solution for business owners to recruit ethical hackers for their preferences.
You have to undergo ethical hacking courses and training programs to become strong in that field. A huge league of IT professionals is emerging towards promising environments to protect data and networks. The importance of an Ethical hackers is to purposefully penetrate security systems. They may able to fix weak points and provides safety to the workplace.
- Fighting against terrorism.
- National security breaches.
- Prevent malicious hackers from gaining access.
On the other hand, it is important to gain more responses from ethical hackers to safeguard the data in a secure way. With the help of an ethical hacking course, it let them focus on average user experience to undergo it in a professional way.
Scope of Certified Ethical Hacker
But unfortunately, the scope of ethical hacking is very limited. In many IT sectors, ethical hacking is something providing a good solution and has the capabilities to discover a new weakness in the work environment. Thus, it is suitable for carrying out major benefits when it seems the best possible solution for securing the system. In India, more than average students wish to pursue ethical hacking training.
It makes them happy by seeing such things that would be great to undergo a good package. In other areas of IT sectors, Ethical hackers are welcomed due to privacy issues. As a result, Choose Ethical Hacking Course and Give Your Career A New Direction. A career in Cybersecurity and ethical hacking requires one to structure with the right methodology and it will require something new in the IT industry. Have a good idea regarding hacking or else attend best ethical hacking training institute in delhi to become an ethical hacker. Learn Hacking Step By Step
Benefits of Certified Ethical Hacker Training
The Ethical hacking course is a well-known certification course which allows people to work as an IT security expert. It let you earn a high salary from the beginning. You might able to increase your networking skills through the course. You can prevent data fraud and theft by hackers. It makes you solve all difficult problems that occur on the network. You might offer an exclusive solution for hacking to clients. Moreover, you can gain security experience through the course. Learning the course offers many advantages to individuals. It helps you to work in a high post in the security job.
- The course provides a simple and elegant approach to a hacker.
- You will teach how to predict the moves of the hacker.
- It offers essential details of hacking to individuals.
- Here you get some useful information about the hacking tool used by a hacker.
- It allows you to check data on your system at weekends and protect it from hacking.
So, why are you waiting for? start learn hacking step by step and Become Ethical hacker.
Jobs for Ethical Hacker
Having certified ethical hacker mainly works on complete boosting your working history as well as a resume. Ethical hacker jobs positions that are directly easier to get upon passing the ceh exam include
- Information Security Analyst
- Cyber Security Analyst
- Security Engineer
- Penetration Tester
- Security Analyst
- Information Security Manager
- Cyber Security Engineer