Updated on: January 13, 2022
You must have heard the term wherein people use it to say that artificial intelligence is transforming the world. That’s absolutely true, as artificial intelligence has already changed the global economy and people’s everyday lives to a great extent. Not only that, but AI has created a completely new employment landscape by creating massive, high-skilled job opportunities that now dominate all sectors of the economy. get the more about start your career in Artificial Intelligence
Due to the growing importance created by AI across all industries, there is a continuous demand for skilled AI professionals. If you also wish to explore this challenging career field and want to start your career in AI, you should follow certain basic steps to get started.
Steps to start your career in artificial intelligence
Before you kick start your career for artificial intelligence, you should check out these important steps.
Step 1: Have a clear understanding of the AI career landscape.
If you look at AI and its applications, you will find that it is commonly being used in various verticals that have created a demand for AI professionals who can play the role well and in accordance with the profile demand. There is a misconception that AI has weakened human efforts and has resulted in a shortage of jobs. Instead, AI has created a huge pool of unique and viable career opportunities. If you are willing to explore new and exciting career opportunities, you should have an optimistic aptitude before beginning your learning journey.
Step 2: Investigate the most popular roles in the field of artificial intelligence.
Learn about the various roles in the field of AI that are waiting for you to try your best. There are:
- Machine learning engineer, the most sought-after career job available in the AI space. To be a machine learning engineer, one must possess expert knowledge of software skills and know how to make the best use of predictive models and natural language processing while working with huge databases.
- A robotics scientist is one whose duty is to build mechanical devices that are designed to perform various tasks. Where a human hand can’t reach, it’s the hands of the robots that can do the task. But, a human mind is needed to create such robots. Thus, to become one, one should have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering.
- A data scientist is someone whose duty it is to collect, analyzes, and interprets data and use machine learning and predictive analysis to understand the workings of AI tools. To become one, you should gain experience with big data platforms and tools, as well as a strong command of a programming language.
Step 3: Research the educational requirements.
Before you get started with preparing for AI, understand what all kinds of educational prerequisites are there to enter. Get a bachelor’s degree in mathematics and computer science. This is quite necessary to enter the AI world. Before you start preparing for AI, learn about these things.
- Coding expertise in popular programming languages such as Python, Java, etc.
- Physics, robotics, and engineering.
- Algebra, calculus, algorithms, probability, and statistics.
- Bayesian networking
- Theory of cognitive science
Apart from the above areas, brush up on your communication skills as well. Whether you are a newcomer or an experienced programmer, you must possess great communication skills to achieve great things in your AI career.
Step 4: Check out the online learning resources.
For more assistance on your learning journey with AI, you can try out the different online learning resources available.
- Learn with Google AI. On this platform, you can find the relevant course that will guide you through the basic introduction to AI. You do not need any prior knowledge of coding or anything else to do this. It’s just that this platform will give you the information and exercises that will help you develop your skills and advance your knowledge.
- Google’s Udacity platform offers a machine learning course. This course turns around deep learning. Those who wish to put their machine learning knowledge to the test with the purpose of working as data analysts or machine learning engineers will find this course quite helpful.
Step 5: Learn about job boards.
As you know, we are all living in a technology-driven era. Nowadays, you do need to move outside in search of a job. Rather, companies will be knocking at your door to give you employment. It’s just that you have to notify the world about your education. Try out the common job platforms such as Indeed, LinkedIn job search, Google for Jobs, and many others to get the best available jobs as per your knowledge and ability.
The above steps are just an idea of what you can do to achieve your most-awaited career in AI. If you are willing to achieve something in life and want to take advantage of a career opportunity that promises continual growth, then AI is the best option for you. Start preparing today and achieve your career goals. Join SSDN Technologies to Enroll for AI Course.